The following film will come as a real shock to anyone who thinks chiropractic is safe
I picked this up from Confessions of a Quackbuster:
Do you want to see a chiropractic leader squirm while he attempts to distort and downplay the evidence against lethal chiropractic neck manipulations? His face just reeks of delusional (dare I say deceptive?) denial as he desperately attempts to avoid admitting the truth. Well, Hagan McQuaid, International Vice-President of the Chiropractic Association of Ireland does just that in this excellent exposé.
There are extensive interviews with key players, including injured patients, doctors, researchers, etc. It is well worth taking the time to see it in its entirety.
Links to: Dangers of alternative medicine, presented by Donagh Diamond, Prime Time - 05 may 2005.
You can watch the entire show, or watch individual reports using the menu below.
Dangers of alternative medicine
Donagh Diamond explores the fascination with alternative medicines and the dangers of chiropractic therapy.
You need RealPlayer for it to play: RealPlayer
There is another interesting film at www.neck911usa.com
Few people realize the dangers of chiropractic (that is amazing!!).
Did you, for example, know that:
1) Chiropractors treat almost any condition, not like most people think (only orthopedic problems), but they treat anything that will be payed.
2) Chiropractors are making unsubstantiated, cure-all claims
3) Chiropractic philosophy is based on a deep religious conviction that believes average is normal. It you are not average, you are not normal.
4) Chiropractors are using homeopathic remedies
5) Most chiropractors have a blind devotion to neck manipulation and are unwilling to acknowledge its risks
6) Chiropractors believe the body has the innate ability to heal itself. But that gift doesn't extend to the backbone, only chiropractic can do that.
Victims of chiropractic neck manipulation mentioned in the film:
Laurie Jean Mathiason
Lana Dale Lewis
More death cases
Chiropractic and spinal manipulation is considered to be totally safe, but a serious sideeffect is stroke.